Do you know you might be taking care of your skin the wrong way all this time? While we all love our skin, the chances are still higher than we are yet not aware of the right skincare routine or regime to follow to ensure the best, long-lasting results.
In the recent era, the skincare obsession of women, as well as men, have stepped a notch higher. The beauty closet is filled with tons of miracle beauty ointments, more sheet masks, and $100K beauty serums –all of it to take good care of our skin. However, what we fail to realize is that as complex your skincare regimen is, the guiltier you might be towards making some of the most common skincare mistakes out there.
For your ease, we have tailor-made a list of the top common skincare mistakes you should avoid:
- Overusing Skincare Products: With a myriad of miracle skincare products for all your skin problems available out there, it is quite difficult to analyze which ones you should use and when. What most of end up assuming is that the more, the better! However, it is entirely wrong. Sometimes you tend to overuse the products and overload your skin with active ingredients leading to long-term skin problems.
- Neglecting the Neck: One of the biggest giveaways of an ageing person in the neck area –yet all of us tend to ignore the same. You should aim at using your skincare regime all the way from the top of the face to the neck down there. You should reach out to the collarbone of your neck when it comes to cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing.
- Neglecting the Upper Lip: Most often, we tend to apply lotions to our cheeks and the area around. However, it is important to realize that the upper lip area of your face tends to age faster than the rest of the face. As such, you should take proper care of the same.
- Not Hydrating Yourself: The secret to healthy, youthful skin is to drink lots & lots of water –every day. Make it a point to set reminders to drink water every now & then when you wish to ensure the best for your skin.
- Not Wearing SPF: While most of us do not realize it, 90 per cent of skin ageing occurs due to direct sun exposure. Therefore, make it a point to wear SPF of value 15 or greater every time you step out of the house.